Friday, January 22, 2010

Zuccini Meatballs - Good and Healthy

Hello everyone,

It's been a long time since I posted. I have been doing a lot of cooking lately, as I am trying to ensure that I eat more. However, I still want to be eating healthy, so I made some pretty healthy dishes that I like. If you don't tell anyone, they won't know how healthy these recipes are.

Zuccini Meatballs
1lb to 1.5lbs 97%free hamburger (or 99%fat free turkey)
1c Kashi Asiago Cheese Crackers (you can use Cheese Nips, or any cracker or bread crumbs)
3 egg whites
2 zuccinis (shredded into the meat)
Garlic powder
Basil 1tsp
Parsley 1 tsp
1.5oz Feta Cheese

Mix all ingredients together. You can change the spices to your liking. I don't measure anymore, just eyeball them. Use a small scooper to make the balls. It save a bunch of time. The meatballs will seem a little wet, due to the egg whites, but they will hold together just fine don't worry. Put on a cookie sheet. Use aluminum foil on the cookie sheet, makes clean up a breeze. Spray the aluminum foil with Pam. Cook for about 15-20min until done. Let sit for about 20min. If you let them sit overnight they taste even better. You can dip them in Honey Mustard, Ranch, etc. I eat them plain, as I think they taste just fine this way.
This is a good way to get in your veggies without even knowing it. You can't taste the zuccini at all, trust me. Josh really likes them as do I, and they are really healthy.
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment