Sunday, November 1, 2009

Awesome dinner tonight

I cooked dinner for Josh tonight and I have to say that it was really good!! My friend Jennifer had posted the recipe on her blog, and it looked easy and healthy so I decided to try it. The only problem? Well, there were two. The first one was that Josh has nothing in his house for cooking. Everything is instant and either cooked in the microwave or in the oven. So, we went to the store to get food. Besides chicken, eggplant was a main ingredient. Go figure, Food Lion didn't have eggplant. So we got everything there and then went to Wal-Mart and yup, they had sold out of eggplant too!! By this time I was flustered cause I didn't know what I was going to cook. Josh was great though, and said just improvise and cook whatever, plus I made sure that there was peanut butter and jelly in the house just in case!!

I cooked the Mediterrean Chicken but just left out the eggplant. I also did mashed potatoes and a veggie. It was all really good, even if I did have to mash the potatoes with a spoon as Josh has no mixer, and the skins were left on the potatoes because he doesn't have a potatoe peeler either!! Nor is there a strainer. So, I will be bringing a lot of my kitchen stuff over there, so when I do cook there will be something to cook with. However, I will give him credit, as he has pots and pans!! Josh liked everything and even went back for seconds!!! It was really cool getting to cook for someone other than myself or mom. I had a lot of fun this weekend, and am actually excited about the next meal I will cook. I am thinking about eggplant parm this coming weekend. He's never had it before!!! And he's never had hummus or heard of it! It was hysterical. I told him, I am going to learn a lot of things from you, and you are going to learn a lot of things from me. This man will know all about food if I have anything to do with it.

Here's the recipe. I added half a red onion and a Tbsp of garlic as well

1 pound chicken
1 pkg baby portabellas
1/2 red onion
1 pkg cherry tomatoes
1/2 lg eggplant
1 Tbsp garlic
1 tsp oregano
1 tps italian seasoning
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp EVOO
1/4 to 1/3 cup Basalmic Vinegar

Again, this is the receipe that Jennifer created. She's got some great recipes on her blog. You should give them a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment