Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tammy & Matt's Wedding

Matt & Tammy October 10th, 2009

Matt & Tammy were married on 10-10-09. It was the best wedding ever! There were only 50 people there, so it was very quaint and intimate. The ceremony was in Southport, NC at the Shoreline Church Chapel. It was a small cute little chapel. The wedding was at 4pm, and it was supposed to rain pretty badly right at four. However, the sun was out nice and bright and filled the chapel full of sunlight. It was beautiful. The ceremony was 15 minutes. They even had a sand ceremony, which I thought was really nice. After the ceremony Tammy had all the guests do a group picture. It was just great, as everyone there knew Tammy & Matt really well and everything was really relaxed.
After the ceremony, we went to the Oak Island Golf & Country Club about 5 min away. What a beautiful golf course. The trees were amazing, and you could see the ocean from the club. It started to rain when we got there, but it only lasted 5 min. O'dourves were served, and they had beer & wine there for everyone. Then everyone across the stree to the beach where we did a prayer and made wishes on sea shells that Matt & Tammy had collected and then we threw them back in the ocean. It was absolutely beautiful!! The sun was setting and I couldn't imagine anything more beautiful.
Afterwards we headed back to the club for dinner. The tables were decorated very well, and the color theme was purple, Tammy's favorite color. It was just what she wanted, and it looked great. They did the toast and then we ate. Food was great. Baked ziti, green beans, prime rib, and mashed potatoes. All of it was delicious.
After dinner we danced all nite on the patio. It was so much fun, and I even danced even though I can't do it very well. Once the party was over, we all headed to Matt & Tammy's condo and partied till 2am. It was just the most perfect night. Full of friends, laughter, and fun.
If I decide not to elope, I will do this for my wedding. I don't want too many people there, just my close friends and family. I want it to be a day of celebration, but most importantly, a day that is all about me and my husband and us committing our lives together. I think people forget what the wedding day is all about, and instead just focus on the party. Tammy definately did it right, and I may just take her up on her offer and let her plan my wedding, whenever that may happen (prob no time soon lol)!!!

Here are some pics from that great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment